Family ID HERE
- Forms for summer training should be in as soon as possible.
Summer Forms are available here
- FORMS FOR SUMMER TRAINING MUST BE IN BEFORE ATHLETE CAN ATTEND SUMMER WORKOUTS!
PHYSICAL FORM HERE
Forms are due by July 15, physicals are due 7/31
- NO EXCUSES WILL BE GRANTED
- VALID PHYSICALS MUST BE DATED ON OR AFTER AUGUST 7, 2016
- PHYSICALS ARE DUE TO THE HIGH SCHOOL BY JULY 31 IF A CURRENT PHYSICAL DATED ON OR AFTER 8/7/16 IS NOT ON FILE.
- PHYSICALS FOR 8TH GRADE STUDENTS MAY PRESENT PHYSICALS TO THEIR MIDDLE SCHOOL NURSE UNTIL THEY COMPLETE 8TH GRADE- AFTER GRADUATING FROM GROVER HAND IN PHYSICALS TO HS.
- Summer Training
- Organized practice begins on WEDNESDAY July 6, 2017.
- Calendar is available at https://piratexc.com/summercalendar/
- Directions to practice venues can be found at https://piratexc.com/summer-info/
- You will be expected to run 6-7 days per week. (Incoming freshman may take weekends completely off through 8/10.)
- Your mileage should increase by 5 miles per week but no more than 8 miles per week.
- Start training 2 weeks following your last race we will be ‘getting after it’ from July 1 on. Don’t be a nincompoop and show up to practice on July 5 in horrid shape…we plan for those of you dedicated enough to take this seriously. We won’t keep up for those who don’t.
- Get out as many friends as you can. Think of Pirate Cross Country as a party- the more the merrier. Be persuasive and charming!!! You all know that it’s a matter of getting them here- once they are out and we can work with them they will become a success, so recruit your butts off!!!
- Mandatory practice begins on Monday 8/14. Unexcused absences will result in dismissal after 8/14.
- Step up-don’t step aside, and NEVER STEP BACK!
Weekly Mileage Goals.
Freshman and Sophomores should be at the lower end of the goals, Juniors and Seniors should be at the highest end.
|Week||Dates||Boys Totals||Girls Totals|
All Directions from High School South