Saturday 1/30/16– either longish run or compete at Ocean Breeze Invite!
Ocean Breeze Info.
Ocean Breeze Invite 1/30 Dudes, 1/31 Ladies
- Bus time is 6:00 a.m. on Saturday (dudes) and Sunday (ladies)
- Know what time your race is scheduled for. Plan accordingly.
- Race schedule and assignments can be found at
- Plan on eating your last meal 2-3 hours before your warm-up. Plan on warming up 1 hour before your event is scheduled. Know that if possible the meet will run ahead. Pay attention to the schedule and know if the events are running on time or not.
- Warm up should be 15 minutes of easy jogging, stretching, drills, and strides (8).
- Know exactly where to check in and listen for your even to be called.
- Race plans- everyone should get out in a good position, not the lead, but just behind the leaders, relax and refuse to allow gaps to open. In the last quarter of your race make sure you charge to the front. Be tough and hungry. You’re representing your school and program.
- Cooldown is 30 minutes easy and 20 strides. This should take an hour- if you’re back before then I’ll know you’re lying. I will not permit this. Get the job done. If you have another event run 5 and 5 then another 5 and 5 before your event coupled with a few more drills and strides. However after your last event you need to run 30 and 20.
- Bring food , cash, or both.
Friday 1/29/16-either pre meet for dudes running OB or 60 min steady for those not- those not racing this weekend got in 2 miles up and 60-80×100 on a 30-40 s cycle , 5 min cooldown
Thursday 1/28/16-core followed by segmented run of 45-55 minutes, drills, and 10-15 minutes before embarking on strides, ladies running Sunday got in a few 200’s (6) at pace. tummy time after (4*70 sit ups, 4*30 push ups, 4 x 30 leg throws).
Wednesday 1/27/16- Core followed by ….those not competing saturday ran 4.2-6 miles. Those competing Saturday and Rancan ran 2 miles up and 5-6 miles at LTish (slightly slower) with 240m rest jog between each. Tim hit 6 x 1 mile in 5:10/5:25/5:23/5:27/5:18, A Boys hit 533/545/542/539/545, Crancan hit 550/607/603/601/556 1 mile down- 10 strides and 4 x 70 reps of sit ups, 4×30 push-ups, 3×30 leg throws. Kids looking strong ready to roll.
Tuesday 1/26/16- core and drills followed by 15 minutes and ….Tim hits 1850m in parking lot at 3200m pace- rest and 8x400m on a 2:15 cycle, 4 minute easy jog 10x100m fast. Other top guys n gals hit 1100m at goal mile pace followed by 8-10x400m at GMP, developmental groups hit between 14-20x400m on a 2:20-245 cycle . This followed lower leg routine and tummy time 4 x 70 reps of sit ups, 4×30 push-ups, 3×30 leg throws.
Monday 1/25/16- kids who care got in their runs followed by core . Those who didn’t spent their time holding our program back in lieu of training.